Your delicious classic sadza and aromatic, golden chicken. Perfect holiday dish to go with.
1,5 kg skinless chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
4 cloves garlic, crushed ginger, grated and equal in volume to the garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tot masala spice
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tot vegetable oil
1/2 tot lemon juice
1 cup plain yoghurt
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chicken and mix well .
- Add the chicken, making sure all pieces are generously coated in marinade.
- Cover the bowl and marinate overnight in a fridge.
- Braai over medium-hot coals in a hinged grid for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Set your grid quite high to start, as the marinade might burn if the coals are too hot.
- Serve with a salad of chopped tomatoes, cucumber and onion drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil.
Now that you’ve got some killer recipes, here are the tools you need for the job: